Monday, June 8, 2015

Window Bench

Finally I made the window bench I've been wanting for a really long time. I've dreamt about this bench many a nights. The closest ikea to me is 3 hours away and I wasn't willing to drive that far just to go to ikea so I had to wait for a perfect excuse before I could get started on this project.


For this super easy project, the supplies I used were

  • Shelving Unit (I used the IKEA Kallax 4x1 unit in white) HERE
  • Quilt Batting
  • MDF Board
  • Foam
  • Fabric 
  • Staple Gun 
I assembled the bench according to the directions.
I measured the dimensions of the bench and had the MDF board and foam cut to the same exact dimensions. The board was cut at home depot where I purchased it from and the foam at JoAnn where I purchased it from as well.
To make the cushion, I layered all the materials: MDF board first then the foam on top followed by the quilt. I attached the quilt to the board and foam using a staple gun. Then I finally attached the material to top again with the staple gun

NOTE: The storage boxes are from Walmart...I wanted something that would match with the pillows and curtain. The curtains are also from Walmart while the pillows are from home goods