Monday, June 29, 2015

Beverage Station


One of the things I fell in love with about our house was the little nook area upstairs in the game room. When I saw it, I knew almost instantly what exactly I wanted to do with it...a little area for snacks and drinks while relaxing upstairs. It has definitely saved me a lot of trips downstairs to the kitchen during movie night.


This is what it looked like before
To complete this project, I bought two of this unfinished cabinets from home depot and this beverage wine center from Walmart. I simply arranged them side by side once I got everything home. They fit almost perfectly into the space. There's only a few inches of extra space on each side which I don't mind. Please ignore the finger prints on the fridge (I was too excited to pretty it up for the picture)

For the countertop, I found some plywood at Home Depot and had them cut it to the exact measurements of the cabinets and fridge arranged side-by-side. I also had them cut a little extra which I glued with some wood glue horizontally above the fridge from one cabinet to the other. I didn't like the space above fridge. 
I painted the cabinets white and added some cabinet hardware purchased from home depot. 

This is what the final space looks like...pretty good huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!