Thursday, August 27, 2015

Shoe Storage

I know I am not the only one who hates these wire shelves in the closet. It definitely wasn't gonna work for my shoes

1. It's not wide enough to fit a lot of shoes. Not like I have that much but I don't like my shoes on the floor in the closet. 
2. It's almost impossible to store shoes (heels for sure) on the wire shelves without using a shelf liner which I did not want to. 

As usual, IKEA came to the rescue. I purchased 10 LACK Wall Shelves. I used 6 for this side of the wall and the other 4 on another side for the boyfriend's shoes. 
After unscrewing the wire shelves, I was left with a bunch of holes in the wall which I quickly hid with this hole repair. It's has everything I needed - primer, putty knife, sanding pad and spackle compound all in one!
I marked where I wanted each shelf on the wall and measured how much space I wanted between each row. I find the IKEA instructions to be pretty easy to follow so it took about 30 minutes total to have both sides of the wall up.  The hardest part honestly was the measurements and making sure everything was level. 

Here's a quick before and after picture I took with my iPhone. I can finally store more shoes. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!