Friday, July 31, 2015

Earring Holder

Since forever I dumped all of my earrings in a big jewelry case. It used to take at least 2 minutes every morning to find a pair of the same earrings. I decided enough is enough! I need to find a better solution to storing my earrings.

So while searching for something I could actually buy in stores, I saw several pictures on the internet of people putting a piece of felt in a small picture frame.

It seemed like a brilliant idea and the finished product looked good. But unfortunately it didn't quite work out for me. I don't know if the felt was too thin or it wasn't attached securely to the frame (I glued it on) but every time I tried to add an earring the felt would start falling off.

Not willing to give up, I kept thinking about what I could replace the felt with and found the perfect solution at Michael's. One of those plastic canvas with little holes in it. I believe the intended purpose is for cross stitch. 

Not only did I find the perfect insert for the frame, I also found the perfect frame too. I had initially bought one of those unfinished wood cut out frames for the initial plan
All I had to do was cut the plastic canvas to size and I slid it into the frame. Pretty easy right? 
I only bought two frames....one for my everyday earrings and another for a couple of my dangling earrings. Unfortunately the rest of my earrings are still sitting in the jewelry box. I didn't want the island in my closet too crowded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your thoughts!